In the recent past, we have taken up few challenges/ dares that have become a global phenomenon and here comes another one. I challenged myself to pay gratitude to 5 or more people who have made a difference in my life. However, the twist was that NONE should be my BLOOD RELATIVE.
Here goes my list:
1) Mr K J Chakrapani – my school teacher who always brought me to ground, no matter how high I would fly. He challenged my limits and I learnt to internalise challenges before I could overcome them. He is a uniting figure who always brought friends together by becoming a friend himself. The man who is respected even for his beatings.
2) Mr Bimal Raj – I have no words for this man. He revolutionised the way I think, the way I dream, the way I see my family – in addition, he taught me to DREAM BIG, start small and act now. He reignited the fire within me. He taught me the most essential sutras of success – humility, the power of dreams, perseverance and grit – that I would never be able to learn in any business school. He did the inevitable – in two minutes he convinced me why should I read and its been more than 2 years that a day has not gone without reading few pages. I have not been to HBS, till the day I experience it he is my current HBS.
3) Shilpam Sood – I had to mention her. She is the angel of my life. I learn unconditional love from her, no matter how hard the circumstances are. She is the guiding force behind me, always reminds me about the basics of everything that I keep on forgetting. I can’t match the greatness that she bestows on me. She is an epitome of woman of the house.
4) Varun Shoor – My school friend and my room mate whom I have silently followed since the day he embarked on an unusual journey after dropping out of school. He not only inspires me but also induces me with his success. He is a man of poise and soft-spokeness. Too hard to emulate him. Glad that he is my classmate and we still meet like friends.
5) Sahiba Sethi – For her unflinching belief and sharing every bit of her knowledge with me. She is a masterpiece of perseverance and fearlessness. She changed me from a night person to a day person. I would never write such a piece during the day hours had it not been her. Though I can still manage to slog at night, if required. I don’t know why and what binds us, but there is an unconditional and unfathomable bond between us. She is the youngest person I learn from daily. We are on different paths of life but we are on the same journey!
6) Nikhil Choudhary, Shweta Choudhary and Kritiman Keshri – Those were the years I learnt to have have utmost fun and still remain as ambitious as possible. I learnt to laugh at myself because of you guys. Shweta taught me to live life without any worries and follow my heart. No matter, how old we grow I can put a hand on my heart and bet that we guys will always remain young at heart. Cheers to our evergreen youth!
7) Ruchika Singh Chauhan – the person who listens to all my bakwaas with patience. She has taught me to take out time for anything despite the limitations of time that we have in 24 hours of a day. If it matters to me, I will always have a time. Another thing I value most from her is that she taught me that I can take value out of the useless if I want to.
8) Mr Prabhat Kumar – my home tutor who never compared me with anyone. Instead, he sharpened my skills without worrying about what the curriculum demanded. He believed in holistic growth than building skills at the need of hour.
9) Somnath Ganguly – my childhood buddy whom I had a lot of fun with. Though we were out of touch for a while, but we were back as if we were always together. He epitomises – That feeling when you reunite with a lost but really close to your heart buddy. The separation got us more closer than ever. Sometimes I think, had we not separated, would be wiser today?
10) Shuchi Gupta – You were my first girl friend and you shall always remain special. You promoted me to another level of maturity during the early days of my life. You have been a good learning experience and I believe my relationships are stronger than ever before because of you. Learnt to keep friends closer than ever.
11) Ashish Vikas – there are innumerable of firsts that we did together in college and shaping me as an individual. I know wherever and in whatever situation I am in, he shall be one of the few standing besides me.
12) To the people who left my life – I learnt not to be like you and if you come back, I will humbly accept you the way you are.
This is not the end of the list, there are many people and there shall be many whom I will meet during this journey. I am sincerely grateful to you guys. And trust me even if you are not in this list, I shall always be on your side, come on test me.
If you like it, I would be glad if you guys too can duplicate this. I have no copyrights 😉